On December, 2 The Model Northern Forum will be held online. The Northern Forum is an international non-governmental organization of the northern regions on sustainable development, established on November 8, 1991, in Anchorage, Alaska. The Secretariat is located in Yakutsk, Sakha Republic (Yakutia), Russia.
Model Northern Forum is a role-playing game, aimed at simulating different forms of the Northern Forum work. Since the Northern Forum has a well-balanced representation structure and also conducts researches in all essential fields of studies, its simulation makes it possible for very different groups of active young professionals, activists, volunteers as well as young representatives of the youth from the Northern Regions to get relevant and highly rewarding experience.
The central objective of MNF-2023 is to assemble the talented and engaged youth of the Northern Regions and other countries for their exchange of knowledge, ideas and experience in the framework of simulating the work of The Northern Forum.
The MNF agenda:
- The role of youth in solving ecological challenges of the northern regions.
- Development of creative industries in northern regions.
The event is organized by the Northern Youth Forum, International Institute of Energy Policy and Diplomacy (MGIMO MIEP), the MGIMO Arctic Student Research Club, The Department of External Relations of the Yamal-Nenets Autonomous Okrug, M.K.Ammosov North – Eastern Federal University.
Objectives of MNF:
- To popularize among the Northern youth the knowledge about the development prospects of the Northern Regions, as well as information about the goals, objectives, structure, activities and current agenda of the Northern Forum;
- To provide the participants with opportunities to exchange knowledge and experience in solving common problems of the northern regions;
- To activate youth applied and theoretical research activities related to the study of key issues in the development of the Northern regions
- To intensify inter-regional and international cooperation between the Northern Youth in the form of joint projects and researches focused on the Northern Regions development;
- To raise among the Northern Youth the interdisciplinary awareness of different aspects of the Northern Regions development, as well as foster their ecological consciousness and active civic position;
- To work out solutions to the northern regions problems within the working groups of the Northern Forum;
- To discuss current problems in the Northern regions with the participation of international experts.
The work of following bodies to be simulated in the framework of the event:
- The Board of Governors;
- Environment and Conservation of Biodiversity Working Group;
- Creative industries Working Group.
Teams (3-5 members) can include the following categories of participants:
- Pupils at the age from 14;
- Students of Russian and foreign universities.
Requirements for the selection of participants
- To participate in The Model Northern Forum, fill in the online form: https://forms.gle/p2LH4ZNu4mbefN8a8 .
- The registration for The Model Northern Forum ends on November 27, 2023.
Looking forward to seeing you at the Model Northern Forum!