On November 26 and November 30, 2022, the Northern Forum Model (NFM) will be held in a mixed format - an international non-governmental organization of the northern regions on sustainable development, established on November 8, 1991 in Anchorage, Alaska. The Secretariat is located in Yakutsk, Republic of Sakha (Yakutia).
On November 26, an online session of the Working Group on Business Cooperation in the North will be held.
On November 30, in Yakutsk, at the site of the Northern Sustainable Development Forum, a session of the Council of Governors will be held in person.
The Northern Forum Model (NFM) is an event that takes place in the format of a role-playing game (based on the modeling of the activities of the structures of the Northern Forum), and allows you to most organically and effectively include in the joint work representatives of young people involved in the problems of the Northern regions in various aspects (i.e. specializing both in international relations and in natural science research, issues of socio-economic development, etc.).
The main goal of the NFM is to bring together talented and ambitious young people from the northern regions of Russia and other countries to exchange knowledge, ideas and experience in the framework of modeling the activities of the Northern Forum.
NFM Agenda: "Development of innovations in the North and the Arctic".
The event is organized by the Northern Forum, the Northern Youth Forum, the Department of External Relations of the Yamalo-Nenets Autonomous Okrug, the North-Eastern Federal University, International Institute for Energy Policy and Diplomacy (IIEP) MGIMO and scientific research student club "Arctic” MGIMO of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Russia, public organization “Intersfera”.
- Promotion among young people of knowledge about the prospects for the development of the Northern regions for Russia, as well as about the goals, objectives, functions, internal structure, current agenda and work of the Northern Forum;
- Providing participants with opportunities to share knowledge and experience in solving common problems of the northern regions;
- Activation of youth applied and theoretical research activities related to the study of key issues of development of the Northern regions;
- Intensification of youth interregional and international cooperation in the implementation of projects and research aimed at the development of the Northern regions;
- Formation of interdisciplinary awareness among young people involved in the implementation of the project about various aspects of the development of the Northern regions, as well as environmental awareness and active citizenship;
- development of proposals for solving the problems of the northern regions within the framework of the working group of the Northern Forum Model;
- discussion of urgent problems of the northern regions with the participation of international experts.
During the event, the work of the following bodies will be modeled:
- Council of Governors;
- Working group on business cooperation in the North;
Who can take part in the event?
School students over the age of 16, students of Russian and foreign universities, young researchers and other representatives of interested youth.
How to participate in the Northern Forum Model?
To participate in the event, participants need to register (see the form below).
Registration form: https://forms.yandex.ru/u/636ca5bd693872043a6e624e/
Everyone is welcome to the Northern Forum Model!
Requirements for the selection of participants:
To participate in the Northern Forum Model, please complete the online registration by filling out the electronic form.
Registration deadline: November, 27 at 11:59 p.m.