Information about the launch of the “Living Water” project
Since 1993, World Water Day, established by the United Nations, is celebrated annually in many countries of the world on March 22.
The value of water is increasing due to the epidemiological situation in the world, climate change, consumer demand.
Peter Blake: Earth is a watery planet where the quality of water determines the quality of life. Good water is a good life. Bad water is a bad life. No water, no life.
The Living Water Project is launched to study and improve the ecological state of water in reservoirs, to organize economical water consumption in educational institutions.
The project partners are:
- Yakutsk City National Gymnasium named after Antonina G. and Nikolay K. Chiryaevs, the city of Yakutsk, the Republic of Sakha (Yakutia), Russia.
- Anabar Ulus Gymnasium, Saskylakh, Anabar National (Dolgan-Evenk ulus (district), the Republic of Sakha (Yakutia), Russia.
- Berdigestyakh Secondary School named after Afanasy Osipov with in-depth study of individual subjects, Berdigestyakh, Gorny district, the Republic of Sakha (Yakutia), Russia.
- Secondary school # 45, Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky, Kamchatka Territory, Russia.
- Abyi Secondary School named after Doctor of Technical Sciences Alexey E. Sleptsov, Abyi, Abyiskiydistrict, the Republic of Sakha (Yakutia), Russia.
- Khamagatta Sakha-French Lyceum, Khamagatta, Namsky district, the Republic of Sakha (Yakutia), Russia.
- Namskaya UlusGymnasium named after Nikolay S. Okhlopkov, Namtsy, Namskiy district, the Republic of Sakha (Yakutia), Russia.
The main objectives of the project are organizing researches on the water composition, the level of pollution of the lake, stream, source, etc., searching for ways to purify water in the reservoir. Also, introducing the best way of efficient and economical use of water in schools.
The practical activity of the project partner schools is the study of the chemical, biological, atmospheric and other parameters of the reservoir, the mapping of the object, and environmental educational activities.
Based on the results of the events, the participants take part in video conferences of the project (in person and in absentia) on the Zoom platform.
We invite schools to cooperate to keep the water clean for life.
Phone, National Gymnasium: +7 (4112) 44-40-29
Website, School of Living in the North: http://north-school.com
Project coordinator - Dora Egorova
“SCHOOL of LIVING in the NORTH” Project Information
“School of Living in the North” under the auspices of the International Organization of Northern Regions “The Northern Forum”. The project has been running since 2008. The organizer of the project is the Yakutsk City National Gymnasium, Sakha Republic, Russia.
The experience of life in the North which is accumulated by the peoples of the northern regions is an enduring value.
The project “School of Living in the North” is aimed at creating conditions for interaction and cooperation on the involvement of pupils in research activities on the development and improvement of life in the Northern regions.
The Idea of Project: experience, new proposals on how to live in the North
- how to eat
- how to dress up
- how to study
- how to develop
We wish you success!