On November 28, 2019, the Northern Forum secretariat organized a videoconference which was held on the topic "Prospects for the development of Arctic tourism" with the Northern Forum's regions (Nenets Autonomous Okrug, Chukotka Autonomous Okrug, Krasnoyarsk Territory, Akureyri (Iceland), Magadan Region, Republic of Sakha (Yakutia)) and experts from Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Lapland (Finland), Arctic Development Project Office, Russia Discovery, Tyumen State University, North-Eastern Federal University.
Also this meeting was organized as part of the festival “Winter begins with Yakutia”. The aim of the round table is to develop cooperation and exchange of experience between the member regions of the Northern Forum on the problems of the development of Arctic tourism. Following the results of this event, the Northern Forum Secretariat plans to propose to the regions a separate project for the development of Arctic tourism, which would set itself the task of promoting the image of the member regions of the international organization for the development of this industry at the international levels.
“Prospects for the development of Arctic tourism” Yakutsk, November 28, 2019 17:15
Government House No. 2, Lenin Ave., 30 2nd floor, conference room (video conferencing mode is supported)
Maksimova Daryana, Acting Executive Director of theNorthern Forum
Kugaevsky Alexander, deputy Rector for analytical work of the North-Eastern Federal University
Speeches of representatives of the member regions of the Northern Forum (video-conference communication)
1. Krasnoyarsk Territory - Aleksandra Kochanova, Director of the Tourist Information Center of the Krasnoyarsk Territory
2. Magadan region – Shurkhno Maxim Sergeevich, specialist of the department of art, folklore and tourism
3. Akureyri, Iceland - María H. Tryggvadóttir, Project Manager for Tourism, Akureyri
4. Chukotka Autonomous Okrug –Evgeny Anatolyevich Tikhomirov, acting Chairman of the Committee on Culture, Sports and Tourism of the ChAO; Kachanov Sergey Anatolyevich, deputy Director General of the NGO "Fund for the Development of Tourism, International and Interregional Projects of the ChAO
5. Republic of Sakha (Yakutia) - Natalya Tyukavkina, General Director of the National Tourist Information Center “Yakutia”
6. Nenets Autonomous Okrug – Natalya Grinkevich, Center for Arctic Tourism, Head of Information Department
Speeches by experts:
7. The general director of “Yakutskykhlebokombinat( bakery)” - Svetlana Kynakytova. Project "Tales of Tuymaada"
8. Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Lapland (Finland) - TimoRautajoki, President
9. Project Office for the Development of the Arctic (Moscow) - Alexander Vorotnikov
10. Maria Shishigina-Pallson - Ambassador of the Yakut culture in Iceland
11. Company Russia Discovery (Moscow) - Vadim Mamontov, General Director
12. Tyumen State University - Zakharova Olga Vladimirovna, Associate Professor, Department of Philosophy, Institute of Humanities