From September 8 to 10, voting took place in 85 regions of Russia in elections at the federal and regional levels. The five regions of the Northern Forum elected heads of Russian federal subjects.
Based on the results of processing 100% of the protocols, it follows from the data of the Central Election Commission of the Russian Federation:
- Dmitry Artyukhov who has served as head of the region since 2018 was re-elected governor of the Yamalo-Nenets Autonomous Okrug (Yamalo-Nenets Autonomous Okrug) based on the results of a secret vote of deputies.
- The current Acting Head of the Chukotka Autonomous Okrug Vladislav Kuznetsov received 72.34% of the votes in the election for governor of the region.
- The current head of the Magadan region Sergei Nosov became the leader in the elections for the governor of the region with 72.39% of the votes.
- According to the results of the elections for the post of Head of the Republic of Sakha (Yakutia) the current head of the republic Aisen Nikolaev received the largest number of votes with 75.81% of the votes.
- Acting head of the Krasnoyarsk Territory Mikhail Kotyukov won the gubernatorial elections with 70.22% of the votes.
We extend our sincere congratulations to the heads of the subjects of the Northern Forum regions and hope for further cooperation on sustainable development of the regions of the North and the Arctic.