DTK - Reading Centre, the branch of the National Library of the Sakha Republic (Yakutia), has started selecting participants for the third international competition of creative projects “White World of the Arctic through the Prism of a Children's Book”. Authors of creative works for children and teenagers - fiction, popular science books, audiobooks, and visualizations of fiction - are invited to participate.
Authors of projects of any age and from any country may take part in the competition. Participation is free of charge.
The competition is open to printed and electronic books, audiobooks, adaptations and theatrical productions based on fiction for children and teenagers about the North and the Arctic, published from 01 January 2020 to 31 August 2023.
The third competition "White World of the Arctic through the Prism of a Children's Book" is held in nine nominations:
- The best fiction;
- The best fiction in the languages of indigenous peoples of the North and the Arctic;
- The best book translation from and into the languages of the peoples of the North and the Arctic;
- The best popular science publication;
- The best work created by an author under 18;
- The best illustrator;
- The best illustrator under 18;
- The best audiobook;
- The best visualization of fiction (theatrical productions, films and cartoons).
The competition is designed to support talented authors and illustrators of children's literature about the North and the Arctic, and to encourage young literary talents to gain recognition and further development. The project will draw public attention to children's literature on the theme of northern identity in order to address problems in publishing it in indigenous languages, translating it into Russian and foreign languages.