Model Barents/Euro-Arctic Council (IMBEAC) 2022
We invite everyone interested in the development of the Barents Euro-Arctic region to participate in the International Model Barents/Euro-Arctic Council (IMBEAC), which will be held on May 19-20.
Website of the organization: https://www.barents-council.org
International Model Barents/Euro-Arctic Council is a role-playing game, aimed at simulating different forms of the Barents/Euro-Arctic Council work. Since the Model Barents/Euro-Arctic Council has a well-balanced representation structure and also conducts research in all essential fields of studies, its simulation makes it possible for very different groups of active young professionals, activists, volunteers as well as young representatives of the youth to get relevant and highly rewarding experience.
The central objective of IMBEAC-2022 is to assemble the talented and engaged youth, create a platform for their exchange of knowledge, ideas and experience and give an additional drive to their inter-regional and international cooperation.
The IMBEAC-2022 agenda: "Practical cooperation and people-to-people contacts".
The event is organized by the MGIMO University, International Institute of Energy Policy and Diplomacy (MGIMO MIEP), the MGIMO Arctic Student Research Club.
Objectives of the event are the following:
1) To popularize among the youth the knowledge about the development prospects of the Arctic Regions, as well as information about the goals, objectives, structure, activities and current agenda of the Barents Euro-Arctic Council;
2) To promote the students’ research activities related to the Barents Euro-Arctic region;
3) To intensify inter-regional and international cooperation between the representatives of youth in the form of joint projects and researches focused on the Barents Euro-Arctic region development;
4) To raise among the youth the interdisciplinary awareness of different aspects of the Barents Euro-Arctic regions development, as well as foster their ecological consciousness and active civic position;
5) to develop proposals for solving the problems of the Arctic regions within the framework of the working groups of the Model Barents/Euro-Arctic Council;
6) to discuss current problems in the Barents/Euro-Arctic regions with the participation of experts.
The work of following bodies are to be simulated in the framework of the event:
- The Committee of Senior Officials;
- Working Group of Indigenous Peoples
- Working Group on Transport
- Working Group on Environment
Who can participate in the event?
Students, young scientists, other interested youth representatives.
Requirements for participation:
To participate in IMBEAC, fill in the online form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe0c419nX6OkttVxJAWddQfiYkNxMk8fmZekV0PblAT_GaL-g/viewform
Looking forward to seeing you at the Model Barents Euro-Arctic Council!
Requirements for the selection of participants
To participate in The Model Barents/Euro-Arctic Council, fill in the online form.
The registration for Model Barents/Euro-Arctic Council ends on May 1.
Source: MGIMO Arctic Student Research Club.