Dora Yegorova, teacher of English, Yakut City National Gymnasium
In 2017, Schools Partnership project was engaged in the following areas:
- • Correspondence
- • Skype Talk
- • Online Olympiad in English
- • Metasubject Olympiad
- • Waste Sorting
- • Ecobag
- • Scientific-Practical Conference in English
- • Clothing in the North
- • Northern Sports
- • Polar Explorers’ Day
To evaluate the success of the Schools Partnership project for 2017 and promote dialogue and possible cooperation between educational institutions in the Northern countries.
Yakut City National Gymnasium partner-schools:
- • Xamaqatta Saxa-French Lyceum, Nam District, Sakha Republic (Yakutia)
- • Nam Uluus Gymnasium, Nam, Nam District, Sakha Republic (Yakutia)
- • Berzigesteex Secondary School with in-depth study of individual subjects, Berzigesteex, Gorny District, Sakha Republic (Yakutia)
- • Saaskylaax Secondary School, Saaskylaax, Anaabyr Dolgan-Evenki District, Sakha Republic (Yakutia)
- • Dudinka Secondary School #1, Tajmyr Dolgan-Nenets Municipal District, Krasnoyarsk Krai
- • Abyj Secondary School, Abyj, Abyj District, Sakha Republic (Yakutia)
- • West High School, Anchorage, Alaska, USA,
- • Stanhope Primary School, London, UK,
- • Taruno High School, Hobart, Australia.
Scientific and Practical Conference "School of Life in the North"
The scientific and practical conference "School of Life in the North" in English is held for the third year within the premises of the Yakutsk City National Gymnasium. This year, a total of 124 applications from 12 regions of Sakha Republic (Yakutia) and Khanty-Mansiysk Autonomous Okrug of the Russian Federation were submitted for participation in the conference:
- Amga District;
- Curapcy District;
- Menge-Xangalas District;
- Ust-Aldan District;
- Tompo District;
- Orto-Xalyma (Srednekolymskiy) District;
- Anaabyr District;
- Nam District;
- Gorny District;
- Suntaar District;
- Wuohe-Zaangy (Verkhoyanskiy) District;
- Wojmokoon (Oymyakonskiy) District;
- Poykovskiy Settlement, Nefteyuganskiy Region, Khanty-Mansiysk Autonomous Okrug.
A total of 32 schools participated in the conference.
The jury noted the high quality of the recommended works, despite the fact that in connection with the cold-weather days in Yakutsk, the event was postponed and changed from full-time to correspondence. Works were accepted by e-mail until March 4, 2017 as a Word document with video defense application.
Online Olympiad "School of Life in the North"
From February 15 to March 18, 2017, the School of Life in the North, an Olympiad for schoolchildren was held as part of the activities of the Northern Forum, with the support of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Sakha Republic (Yakutia), the Institute for the Development of Education and Professional Development of Sakha Republic (Yakutia), the Institute of Foreign Philology and Regional Studies of the North-Eastern Federal University (NEFU).
The Olympiad consists of two olympiads: an online olympiad in English and a meta-subject (creative) olympiad.
Online Olympiad (test) is conducted in the form of test tasks in English and selected subjects in English (biology, physics, mathematics, history, geography). Grade 2 to 11 schoolchildren from 14 districts of Sakha Republic (Yakutia), Yakutsk, Yamalo-Nenets, Khanty-Mansiysk and Chukotka Autonomous Okrugs took part in the online Olympiad. A total of 538 students.
The meta-subject (creative) Olympiad is held in the form of creative work in any of the languages (native, Russian, English). Of the questions asked, students choose one and answer, giving arguments, tables, links, etc. A total of 135 students took part in the meta-subject Olympiad.
Work done in 2018:
On February 15, Nam Uluus Gymnasium hosted the scientific and practical conference "School of Life in the North" - 2018. This year 65 school students took part in the Conference. The jury noted the high quality of the recommended works.
Sections of the Conference: human sciences, technical sciences, natural sciences. Groups: 2-6 grade students (working language - Russian), 7-11 grade students (working language – English).
Online Olympiad "School of Life in the North"
From February 14 to March 17, 2018, the School of Life in the North, an Olympiad for schoolchildren was held as part of the activities of the Northern Forum, with the support of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Sakha Republic (Yakutia), the Institute for the Development of Education and Professional Development of Sakha Republic (Yakutia), the Institute of Foreign Philology and Regional Studies of the North-Eastern Federal University (NEFU).
Grade 2 to 11 schoolchildren from Sakha Republic (Yakutia), Yamal-Nenets Autonomous Okrug, Khanty-Mansiysk Autonomous Okrug and Chukotka Autonomous Okrug took part in the online Olympiad. In total: 481 students.
It should be noted that the project activity is included in the general school plan of educational institutions and in the life activity of the student team, the youth of settlements.
Recommendations for the project:
- • conducting online Olympiad for schoolchildren by foreign educational institutions, language centers;
- • holding a scientific and practical conference, an online Olympiad in English, a meta-subject Olympiad on the basis of the YEF (Youth EcoForum);
- • participation of schoolchildren in the research work of scientists and researchers, research centers;
- • search for social partners of the project.