We invite everyone interested in the development of Northern regions to participate in the International Model Northern Forum, which will be held online on December 1-2.
The Northern Forum is an international non-governmental organization of the northern regions on sustainable development, established on November 8, 1991, in Anchorage, Alaska. The Secretariat is located in Yakutsk, Sakha Republic (Yakutia), Russia.
Website of the organization: https://www.northernforum.org
Model Northern Forum is a role-playing game, aimed at simulating different forms of the Northern Forum work. Since the Northern Forum has a well-balanced representation structure and also conducts research in all essential fields of studies, its simulation makes it possible for very different groups of active young professionals, activists, volunteers as well as young representatives of the youth from the Northern Regions to get relevant and highly rewarding experience.
The central objective of MNF-2020 is to assemble the talented and engaged youth of the Northern Regions, create a platform for their exchange of knowledge, ideas and experience and give an additional drive to their inter-regional and international cooperation.
The MNF agenda: "Current climate challenges in the Arctic and Northern regions".
The event is organized by the Northern Forum, Northern Youth Forum, M.K.Ammosov North – Eastern Federal University, MGIMO University, International Institute of Energy Policy and Diplomacy (MGIMO MIEP), the MGIMO Arctic Student Research Club and the public organization “Intersphere”
Objectives of the event are the following:
1) To popularize among the Northern youth the knowledge about the development prospects of the Northern Regions, as well as information about the goals, objectives, structure, activities and current agenda of the Northern Forum;
2) To promote the students’ research activities related to the Northern regions;
3) To intensify inter-regional and international cooperation between the Northern Youth in the form of joint projects and researches focused on the Northern Regions development;
4) To raise among the Northern Youth the interdisciplinary awareness of different aspects of the Northern Regions development, as well as foster their ecological consciousness and active civic position;
5) to develop proposals for solving the problems of the Northern regions within the framework of the working groups of the Model Northern Forum;
6) to discuss current problems in the Northern regions with the participation of international experts.
The work of following bodies are to be simulated in the framework of the event:
- The Board of Governors;
- The Regional Coordinators Committee;
- Regional Adaptation to Climate Change Working Group.
Who can participate in the event?
Pupils at the age from 16, students from all the circumpolar North, young scientists, other interested youth representatives.
Requirements for participation:
To participate in The Model Northern Forum, fill in the online form:
Looking forward to seeing you at the Model Northern Forum!
Requirements for the selection of participants
To participate in The Model Northern Forum, fill in the online form.
The registration for The Model Northern Forum ends on November 27.